Saturday, 23 March 2013

Highgrove Gardens

Hey there!

  Three years ago I discovered for myself Jane Austen's novels. At that time I hadn't an opportunity to spend my free-time for reading, actually I didn't have it at all. I was looking after my little baby. But still in such strict circumstances I've read almost all of her books in a month (mostly at night).

Jane Austen
   She described everyday life of people in England, their habits and traditions. And there I noticed how extremely passioned and keen on gardening they are.
  I started to search through the Internet pictures and information concerning English gardens. And then I found this treasure...
Wild Meadow Garden at Highgrove

  This beautiful garden was fonded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1980. When he bought the Highgrove estate it's landscape was pale and unpleasant.
 It took over 30 years to transform it into incredibly beautiful, picturesque place of harmony, peace and relieve.
The Highgrove Estate

  Prince Charles has passion feelings toward everything concerning nature, that is why he had chosen environmentally sustainable way of gardening. He designed each quarter of the landscape according to his personal aesthetic vision, let the process run deeply through his soul and heart. Everywhere in Highgrove you can see unique tender touches.

Roots of the old tree at Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens

Highgrove Gardens
  At the Highgrove shop you can buy very nice and cute birds-feeders, mugs, plates and different other products for home and garden. Prince Charles is doing great charitable work, all profits from the sale are paid to The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation.
Garden Bird Mugs
Official web-site you will find here.

Below you'll find interesting informal interview with Prince Charles and Alan Titchmarsh.





No comments:

Post a Comment